This post created by Feast & West was sponsored by Martinelli’s. It was originally published on Feast & West on November 21, 2016.
Gourmet Apple Cider Jell-O Shots are not your average Jell-O shot, and they will be the star of your holiday party. Combine Martinelli’s Apple Juice or Cider, cinnamon, sugar and gelatin — with an extra cinnamon sugar rim! — to make this festive treat that’s fun for the whole family.
- Gently grease shot glass cups with cooking spray to help the Jell-O shots release better. Wipe away excess with a paper towel so that only trace residue remains.
- In a saucepan, stir together Martinelli’s apple cider and sugar. Sprinkle gelatin over top, evenly covering the surface. Let sit 2-3 minutes until surface is wrinkled.
- Heat on medium heat and stir until sugar and gelatin have dissolved. Mixture should be smooth with no graininess.
- Pour into the prepared shot glasses. Refrigerate until set, about 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, make the cinnamon sugar. In a medium bowl, combine sugar and ground cinnamon. Stir until evenly distributed.
- Pour some onto a plate for rimming the glasses. Rub a lemon wedge around the edge of the shot glasses. Roll the edge in the cinnamon sugar.