This post created by Eazy Peazy Mealz was sponsored by Martinelli’s. It was originally published on Eazy Peazy Mealz on May 23, 2017.
These apple glazed shortbread cookies are perfect for your spring and summer celebrations.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a mixer, combine your butter and powdered sugar and Martinelli’s Cider.
- Add in the salt and mix again.
- Then sift in the flour, and mix for a couple minutes. It will look like sand. Keep mixing and it will start to be more cohesive.
- Using your hands, kind of squash it together to form a ball.
- Roll it out on a smooth surface using a rolling pin until it is about 3/4 centimeters thickness.
- Use a round cookie cutter or biscuit cutter to form cookies.
- Transfer to a lined baking sheet. I used a pancake turner to transfer cookies from counter to pan without them falling apart or getting messed up.
- Bake on an ungreased baking sheet for 6 minutes (do not brown).
- Let cool on pan 1 minute.
- Move to a cooling rack.
- Mix together glaze by whisking all ingredients together in a medium sized bowl.
- Glaze cookies by spooning glaze over the top, then let cool until glaze firms up.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.