The key ingredient for a perfect roasted chicken is Martinelli’s Apple Cider! While this recipe may take some time it is certainly worth the wait.
- In a large stockpot, combine water, Martinelli’s Apple Cider, apple cider vinegar, bay leaves, thyme, and peppercorns over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and whisk in brown sugar and salt until both are dissolved. Remove from heat and add ice.
- Once the brine has cooled down, add the chicken and submerge it in the liquid. Cover and place in the refrigerator for at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F. Add a cast iron skillet to the oven while it preheats.
- Remove chicken from brine and pat dry with paper towels. Rub with olive oil all over and season well with salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken, breast side up, to the preheated skillet. Roast until the internal temperature of the chicken is 165˚F. This will take about 1 hour 15 minutes-1 hour 25 minutes.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes before carving.