Fun, edible mummy eyes peer through the pastry strips of this fancifully festive Halloween party tart, made with your favorite flavors of the season. Fresh-sliced Granny Smith apples combine with cinnamon, sugar, allspice and Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider to make this a devilishly delicious dessert!
- Thaw puff pastry by leaving it on the counter for 30 minutes.
- While the puff pastry thaws, add butter to a large saucepan over medium-high. Once melted, add apples and Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together allspice, cinnamon, salt, and ½ cup sugar. Sprinkle the mixture over the apples.
- Lower heat to medium-low and cook until apples begin to soften, about 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour and cornstarch, cooking for another 5 minutes, until the sauce is thickened.
- Remove apples from the pan and cool completely in a bowl.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F.
- Roll out ⅔ of the dough into a 14-inch by 5-inch rectangle. Reserve remaining dough.
- Use the rolled-out dough to fill the bottom and sides of a rectangular tart pan. Add in the cooled apple filling.
- Roll out remaining dough and cut into strips. Cover the top of the tart, randomly crossing the strips and trimming the edges. Brush the top with beaten egg.
- Bake for 15 minutes, until golden and puff pastry is cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and cool for about 10 minutes before removing from the pan. Top with candy eyes to complete the mummy look. Serve and enjoy!
Post a Comment