These Blue Cheese Burgers with Apple Caramelized Onions are next-level delicious. Try them out at your next backyard barbecue!
- To make the caramelized onions, add butter and oil to a medium skillet over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add sliced onions and spread in an even layer. Cook, stirring occasionally, until translucent, about 5-7 minutes.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and continue to cook while stirring occasionally. Once the onions turn golden brown, start stirring more frequently so the onions don’t burn.
- Once browned throughout, about 15-20 minutes, reduce heat to medium-low and stir in Martinelli’s Apple Juice. Stir constantly, letting the onions soak up the moisture. Cook for another 3-4 minutes, then remove from heat and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together beef, blue cheese, Worcestershire, pepper, salt and mustard with your hands until combined.
- Form the burgers into four patties. Make a divot at the top of each one with your thumb. This will help the burgers to keep their form and not shrink.
- Heat up a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Add the burgers and cook for 3 minutes (covered if you are using the grill). Flip and cook for another 4-6 minutes (4 minutes for medium rare, 6 minutes for medium). Add burgers to toasted buns, top with caramelized onions, and additional blue cheese crumbles, if desired.