1. Cut up ½ of a small apple into cubes. Add the apple cubes to the bottom of a 16 oz mason jar. Use a muddler or a wooden spoon to smash the apple cubes slightly.
2. Spank 6 leaves of mint to release their aromas. Place the spanked mint leaves on top of the muddled apples in the mason jar.
3. Fill the mason jar to the top with ice, either crushed or cubed.
4. In a cocktail shaker, combine the liquid ingredients.
5. Add ice to the cocktail shaker. Shake the cocktail shaker vigorously to mix the ingredients.
6. Use a strainer to pour the liquid over the ice in the mason jar.
7. Take a large mint sprig and gently slap it to release the aromas. Place the slapped mint sprig on top of the cocktail as a garnish.