Serves 18 meatballs
So much sweet, tangy savoriness is rolled into these Apple Glazed Meatballs. Their bite-sized shape also makes them extremely versatile. You can stack them as the star of your dish. Turn them into an appetizer with the help of some toothpicks. Or layer them on a toasted baguette for a fancy meatball sub. Whatever way you choose, your family will have a ball eating them!
- Preheat oven to 350F. Have 2 baking sheets ready.
- In a large bowl, mix together the pork, egg, apple, onion, garlic, ginger, breadcrumbs, and salt.
- Using a #40 cookie scoop or by hand, form the mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls then place on the baking sheet. Bake 18-20 minutes or until no longer pink and cooked to an internal temperature of 165F.
- While the meatballs are baking, make the glaze: In a large saucepan, whisk together the apple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, sweet chili sauce, cornstarch, and salt. Bring to a boil. Once boiling, cook until the glaze thickens, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from the heat and cool. The glaze will continue to thicken as it cools down.
- Once the meatballs are done, add them to the glaze and coat. Garnish with green onion before serving.