Apple Fritter Bread is a spiced apple cider batter layered with chunks of cinnamon apples and drizzled in a sweet apple cider glaze. This quick bread makes a delicious fall dessert after a day of apple picking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a standard loaf pan (8x4x2) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat until combined, scraping down sides of the bowl.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Whisk to combine.
- Alternating between dry and wet ingredients: add flour mixture and Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Beat just until incorporated.
- Peel, core and dice apples into small cubes. (You will need 2 cups diced apples total.)
- Toss apples in 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 Tablespoon flour and 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar.
- Pour half of the batter into lined loaf pan.
- Top with half of the cinnamon sugar apples.
- Cover with the remaining batter, smoothing flat with a spatula.
- Scatter the remaining apples over the top of the batter.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until a wooden toothpick removes clean from the center.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 30 minutes in pan before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and apple cider in a small bowl until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over the fully cooled apple loaf.
- Slice and enjoy!