You know what’s better than caramel apples? Mini caramel apples! These bite-sized versions are a unique twist on a classic treat that are fun to make and delicious to eat for the entire family!
This kid-friendly activity also gives you the opportunity to finally break out that neglected melon baller in your utensil drawer. It’ll help you create perfectly shaped morsels.
Once dipped in caramel, the apple pops can be customized to your preference. Whether it’s graham cracker crumbs, crushed peanuts, sprinkles, or all of the above, these mini caramel apples are sure to be a hit! Of course, you should also treat yourself and the kids to a glass of Martinelli’s for a job well done.
- Peel Granny Smith apples.
- Use a melon baller to scoop out apple balls.
- To remove excess moisture from apples, thoroughly dry each apple with a paper towel.
- Carefully insert the sucker stick into the apples without puncturing through the other end.
- In a small pot, add caramel baking bits and heavy cream.
- Over low heat, melt caramel into the cream. Stir constantly until completely melted. Keep pot on low heat during dipping process.
- Carefully dip the whole apple ball into the caramel mixture, while also ensuring that the caramel slightly covers the stick.
- OPTIONAL: dip mini caramel apple into the topping of your choice.
- Place mini caramel apple pops on unbuttered baking sheet to finish setting.
Post a Comment