This recipe was created by Brianne from Cupcakes and Kale Chips and originally posted on December 20, 2016.
Apple chutney is a sweet and savory mixture of apples, cranberries, and thyme, with the tang of vinegar, made extra special with a splash of Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider. Use it to top chicken or pork chops, or put together an appetizer platter when I show you four ways to serve this Sparkling Cider Apple Chutney.
Holiday celebrations may change with the times, but something that has always been a constant for me is snacks and Martinelli’s Sparkling Juices…
- Add oil to a small saucepan and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallot and sauté for a minute or two until translucent.
- Stir in the chopped apple, Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider or Juice, honey, apple cider vinegar, and dried cranberries, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered, for about 20-25 minutes or until the apples are soft and most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove mixture from the heat, and stir in thyme and salt to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Serve according to the serving options above, create your own, or use to top chicken, pork, etc.
Post a Comment