This moist and delicious Apple Spice Cake is made with sugar, spice, and Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice. To bring all of the flavors together the cake is paired with a cream cheese frosting. Bonus: decorate how you please for any occasion!
- Heat Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice in a medium sized pot over medium heat. Simmer until it has reduced to 1 cup. This will take about 10-15 minutes. Set aside and let it cool to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter two of 8-inch or three 6” round cake pans and line the bottoms with parchment paper. Butter the parchment papers.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, spices and baking powder.
- In a separate bowl beat together the eggs and sugars on high speed for 4-5 minutes. Add oil and the apple juice. Beat them all together just until well mixed on low speed. Add the flour mixture and beat them all again at a slow speed.
- Divide batter evenly between the pans. Place in the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the pans for 10 minutes. Remove and transfer to wire racks to cool completely.
- Keep the cream cheese and the heavy cream cold. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese with vanilla. Then, slowly drizzle cold heavy whipping cream down the side of the bowl until you get stiff peaks. Add powdered sugar and spice, mix again. *Do not over beat. If you over beat the mixture it will become soupy.
- Frost your cake once the cake has cooled and serve!