- In a saucepan, combine 1 cup sugar, Cider, white wine, lemon rind and ginger. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar.
- Add pears. Poach until tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Cool pears in poaching liquid. When cooled, set pears aside. Bring poaching liquid to a boil and reduce to approximately 2/3 cup. Remove ginger and reserve. Discard lemon rind.
- Add 2 tablespoons Grand Marnier and blend.
- Sweeten whipped cream with 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier.
- Place pears on four serving plates. Pour sauce over and sprinkle with reserved ginger. Serve with whipped cream mixture.