Watsonville, Calif., June 5, 2020 – June means graduation season, and while many recent graduates may not be able to participate in traditional ceremonies this year, you can still celebrate their accomplishments with a “video chat toast” with Martinelli’s Berry Apple Cooler Mocktail.
This recipe calls for an all natural easy-to-prepare berry syrup made with fresh blueberries, lemon juice and water. The syrup is mixed in with Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider and a splash of lemon juice, creating festive purple-hued drinks that look almost as good as they taste. Garnish the mocktails with blueberries, mint sprigs and “Class of 2020” stir sticks to help make this milestone extra special. Congratulations to all!
Berry Apple Cooler Mocktail
- 1 ½ cups fresh blueberries (save a few for garnish)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider
- Fresh mint sprigs and blueberries, for garnish
- To make the syrup, heat a small saucepan over medium-high heat and add the blueberries, water and 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice. Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly and breaking down the berries with the back of a spoon. Strain and allow the syrup to cool completely. This will yield approximately one cup.
- To make one mocktail, add ¼ cup of the syrup, 1 cup Martinelli’s Sparkling Apple Cider and 1 tablespoon lemon juice to a large glass filled with ice. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and a mint sprig. Serve