Watsonville, Calif., July 2, 2020 – Now that summer is in full swing, it’s a great time to dine al fresco and enjoy the warm weather! Martinelli’s mouthwatering Apple Juice BBQ Ribs are anything but your average barbecue fare. Made with Martinelli’s Gold Medal Apple Juice, pork spareribs, balsamic vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and horseradish, these savory ribs will disappear as soon as you pull them out of the oven. Pair them with a refreshing glass of Martinelli’s Sparkling Blush that is 100% juice made from U.S. grown fresh apples and a splash of raspberry juice for a truly unforgettable meal.
Apple Juice Ribs
- 8 cups Martinelli’s Cider or Apple Juice
- 4 pounds pork spareribs
- 1 ¾ cups balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- ⅔ cups brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- ½ cup prepared horseradish
- Place ribs in a large stock pot, cover with apple juice and bring to a boil. Reduce heat. Simmer for 1 to 2 hours.
- Combine balsamic vinegar, ketchup, brown sugar, garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, salt and pepper in a medium saucepan and stir until smooth. Simmer over medium heat until reduced by 1/3, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in horseradish and 3 tablespoons of the apple juice from the stockpot.
- Brush underside of ribs with 1/3 of the sauce. Place in pan facing up. Brush tops with 1/3 of the sauce. Bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit preheated oven for 25 to 35 minutes. Brush occasionally with sauce while the ribs are baking.