Author Jane Austen once said, “Good apple pies are a considerable part of our domestic happiness.” We may be biased, but we can’t agree more with Ms. Austen. Nothing makes us happier than the aroma of a just-baked apple pie wafting through the dining room. Pie is coming.
Our twist on a traditional apple pie incorporates our 100% Apple Cider or Apple Juice. Our Apple-Raspberry Pie combines the subtle sweetness of raspberries with the tartness of green apples to bring together a comforting flavor that’s sure to make any holiday party guest the happiest they can be.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Toss together everything, except the raspberries and egg white, in a bowl.
- Mix ingredients, then gently fold in raspberries.
- Fill pie shell with fruit. Moisten edge of pie dough with water and place top on.
- Squeeze edges of pie dough together to seal, fold under once, then make a decorative edge. Brush top of pie dough with egg white, sprinkle evenly with sugar and make a few vents in the dough with a knife.
- Place in oven on a piece of oil to catch the drips.
- Check after 15 minutes and cover top with foil if it is browning too quickly. After 25 minutes turn oven down to 375 degrees and continue baking until crust is golden brown and pie juices are bubbling through the vents. Total baking time will be 50 minutes to 1 hour. Cool on a rack.