- Remove wings from duck and place in roasting pan.
- Season cavity with salt and pepper. Stuff with celery, apple and fresh herbs.
- Truss duck and place breast up on rack in roasting pan. Roast in preheated 400 degrees oven 1-1/2 to 2 hours, turning as necessary.
- Heat and combine Cider and honey. Periodically baste duck while cooking with the Cider and honey mixture. Grate zest from the lemon and orange.
- Squeeze and save the juices from both.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and add sugar; cook over low heat until sugar carmelizes. Add the pearl onions, beef stock, zests and juices from the lemon and orange.
- When duck is roasted, remove from pan and keep warm.
- Pour grease out of roasting pan and put pan over heat. Add white wine to deglaze. Strain into pearl onion mix. Reduce to desired consistency.
- Cut duck into 4 portions and drizzle with sauce.
Post a Comment