Watsonville, Calif., September 15, 2021– Fall into the autumn spirit with a Sheet Pan Apple Crisp; it’s easier to make than an apple pie and loaded with flavor. Made with Martinelli’s Apple Cider or Juice, granny smith apples, orange zest, dark brown sugar, all-purpose flour, salt and sprinkled with a crumbly streusel topping, this is a dessert you’ll be making all season long. Martinelli’s Apple Cider or Juice sets this apple packed treat a cut (or slice!) above the rest, adding robust flavor notes to every bite. After pulling the crisp out of the oven, let it cool for 10-15 minutes and then top it with vanilla ice cream to make it extra indulgent.
Sheet Pan Apple Crisp
3 tablespoons Martinelli’s Apple Cider or Martinelli’s Apple Juice
10 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into thick slices
1 tablespoon Orange Zest
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
⅓ cup All-Purpose Flour
¼ teaspoon Salt
1⅔ cups All-Purpose Flour
1⅓ cups Rolled Oats (not instant oatmeal)
1 cup Dark Brown Sugar
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Unsalted Butter, room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 425° F.
- In a large bowl, toss together sliced apples, Martinelli’s Apple Cider or Martinelli’s Apple Juice, orange zest, dark brown sugar, all-purpose flour and salt until everything is coated.
- Spread the apple mixture in an even layer in a rimmed half sheet pan. Cover loosely with foil and bake for 20 minutes until the apples have softened.
- Stir together flour, oats, sugar and salt for the streusel in a medium bowl. Add butter and stir until combined and the dry ingredients are incorporated.
- Remove foil and reduce temperature to 400° F. Sprinkle the streusel over the top and bake for 20-30 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Let the crisp rest for 10-15 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream.
For more delicious recipes visit the Martinelli’s website.
About S. Martinelli & Company
Family-owned and operated, S. Martinelli & Company has been producing Gold Medal premium quality sparkling cider and apple juice for over 150 years in Watsonville, Calif. Martinelli’s products are 100% juice, made from U.S. grown fresh apples and contain no added sweeteners or chemical preservatives. Its apple-shaped glass and champagne style bottles are iconic hallmarks of the brand. The company is led by fourth generation family member and Chairman, John Martinelli.
For more information visit martinellis.com.