Watsonville, Calif., June 28, 2021– We’ve all heard the saying…the secret is in the sauce…but the magic ingredient in Martinelli’s Habanero Apple BBQ Sauce may already be in your pantry – it’s Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice. Because Martinelli’s is 100% juice made from US grown fresh apples, it’s the perfect main ingredient for a sweet and spicy BBQ sauce. This easy-to-make recipe encourages you to adjust the heat and texture to create a sauce tailored to your taste buds. Get grilling this summer with fresh ideas from Martinelli’s!
Habanero Apple BBQ Sauce
½ cup chopped white onion
2 cloves garlic
3 habanero peppers — 2 halved, 1 minced
½ cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 tablespoon Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice or Cider
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a medium pot and bring the liquid to a slight simmer. To control the heat of the habaneros, dice one without seeds then add a few pepper halves to the sauce.
- Simmer on low stirring regularly for 25-30 minutes. Then, fish out the pepper halves.
- Let cool. For quick cooling, pour the sauce into a mixing bowl and place the bowl in an ice bath.
- Once cool, blend the mixture until smooth. Or if you prefer a little texture, use a metal strainer to remove chunks.
- Return the sauce to a low simmer.
- Thicken the sauce to your liking by adding cornstarch and Martinelli’s Unfiltered Apple Juice or Cider.
For more delicious recipes visit the Martinelli’s website.
About S. Martinelli & Company
Family-owned and operated, S. Martinelli & Company has been producing Gold Medal premium quality sparkling cider and apple juice for over 150 years in Watsonville, Calif. Martinelli’s products are 100% juice, made from U.S. grown fresh apples and contain no added sweeteners or chemical preservatives. Its apple-shaped glass and champagne style bottles are iconic hallmarks of the brand. The company is led by fourth generation family member and Chairman, John Martinelli.
For more information visit martinellis.com.