Watsonville, Calif., September 22, 2020 – Fall is just around the corner and that means warm sweaters, chilly afternoons and all our favorite autumnal flavors, especially apples, are back in season. Martinelli’s Apple Cider is often a main ingredient (and a secret one too!) in many baked goods like this rich Apple Cider Donut Cake. We’re ready to let the secret out because all Martinelli’s products are 100% juice made from U.S. grown fresh apples that are picked, pressed and pasteurized. Martinelli’s Apple Cider is the perfect orchard-to-table ingredient that will elevate your desserts from average to spectacular.
Martinelli’s Apple Cider Donut Cake is made with ingredients you probably already have in your pantry and takes just minutes to prepare before it’s baked until the texture is spongy but firm. Serve the cake with Martinelli’s Apple Cider or Martinelli’s Sparkling Cider poured into festive glasses. The cake can be stored at room temperature for up to two days, but will probably disappear as soon as it’s out of the oven!
Apple Cider Donut Cake
1 cup Martinelli’s Apple Cider
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus more for pan
3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, plus more for pan
1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 ½ cups brown sugar
¾ cups extra virgin olive oil
¾ cups unsweetened applesauce
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350℉. Butter and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt in a large bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, cider, oil, applesauce, vanilla and eggs. Add wet ingredients to the dry, whisking until combined.
- Add batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together ingredients for the cinnamon sugar.
- Turn out cake onto the cooling rack. Brush all over with melted butter, then sprinkle evenly with cinnamon sugar. Cool completely before slicing and serving.
- Cover and store cake for up to two days at room temperature. Enjoy the season!