Watsonville, Calif., December 21, 2020 – Better than the star on top of the tree, this crisp and cheesy Baked Cranberry Apple Brie Bread is the only appetizer you’ll need this holiday season for your intimate, small gatherings. A seasoned wheel of brie is nestled in a rustic bread boule loaf and topped with a tangy cranberry sauce made with Martinelli’s apple juice (or cider), store-bought cranberry sauce and orange zest. Use the bread from the hallowed loaf to scoop the melted mixture. Pro tip: Make sure the bread is toasted — the crunchier they are, the better they scoop!
Baked Cranberry Apple Brie Bread
Quick Cranberry Sauce
1 Round Rustic Boule Bread
1 wheel of Brie (about 12 oz, top of rind removed)
1 tablespoon fresh Thyme Leaves
½ cup quick Cranberry Sauce
1 tablespoon fresh Rosemary Leaves, chopped
2 teaspoons Honey
- Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat.
- Add cranberry sauce, Martinelli’s apple cider or juice and orange zest to a saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Use a bread knife to slice off the top quarter of the bread. Place the wheel of brie on top and use it as a stencil to trace a circle around it with a knife. Set brie aside and scoop out the inner circle of the bread. Try to keep it intact so you can chop it into cubes to toast for dipping!
- Place the bread bowl in the center of the baking sheet. Cut slices around the edges of the bread, about 1-2 inches apart. Do not cut all the way down, as you don’t want the bread to fall apart.
- Place brie in the center of the bread and top with half the fresh thyme leaves. Top with cranberry sauce and sprinkle with remaining thyme.
- Spread out the remaining cubes of bread next to cranberry apple brie bread on the baking sheet. Spray the bread cubes lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake the cranberry apple brie bread for 25 minutes until bread is toasted and drizzle it with honey after you pull it out of the oven. Serve immediately with chunks of toasted bread.